25 Life Lessons I Have Learned
My birthday was October 30th and I figured I would do a special blog post for my birthday. I can’t believe that I am 25. It seems like just yesterday, I was 18 and headed to college. Life sure comes at you fast. I have learned a lot over the years and wanted to share those things with you.
- Happiness is overrated. You will not always be happy and that’s okay. It’s okay to be unhappy or sad as long as you don’t stay in that unhappy place too long.
- Saying no is not selfish. Sometimes saying no is necessary.
- Life does not always go according to plan and that’s okay. A plan can always be changed or updated.
- You have to mourn for the life that you didn’t get and appreciate the life that you have.
- Just because your plan didn’t pan out the way you had hoped it doesn’t mean that you failed.
- You are allowed to start over and begin again as many times as you need to.
- Sometimes when you’re going through a storm, you have to create your own sunshine. So, always look on the bright side of life.
- It’s okay to take a break.
- You don’t have to be busy to be productive. It’s okay to be still at times.
- Never compare your journey to others. Your journey is uniquely yours and things happen when they are supposed to happen.
- You don’t have to be strong all the time. You are allowed a moment or moments of weakness.
- What’s for you won’t pass you by.
- Be your biggest fan and your biggest competition. Never worry about what others are doing, you have your own path. Don’t worry about who’s rooting for you or not rooting for you, root for yourself.
- We all have unique experiences that make us who we are so never judge the next person.
- Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be great. Sometimes you have to just enjoy where you are and appreciate all the blessings that you currently have.
- Just because someone looks like they have it all together doesn’t mean they are not going through their own personal storm. A popular quote says we don’t see the behind the scenes footage.
- Learning to love your flaws is one of the hardest things ever. I spent so long hating everything about me that it was hard to come to the realization that my flaws made me who I am.
- Life will test you a lot. You will be surprised at the amount of things you make it through. You will look back at your story amazed that you made it through certain situations.
- Dreams do not have to die because of certain circumstances. Learn how to make those dreams happen despite the circumstances.
- Getting a degree is important but so is valuable work experience.
- You have to leave situations and people that you never thought you would have to. Learning to put myself first was a very valuable lesson for me.
- Everyone cannot come with you on your journey. Sometimes in life you outgrow people and that’s okay.
- Just because you mask the pain with food or drugs doesn’t mean the pain is not there. Learning to deal with the pain and healing from it was a very important lesson for me.
- You have to build opportunities for yourself. Opportunities don’t just come just because. You have to work hard and be consistent.
- Adulting is hard ! But it can be fun as you learn more about yourself, learn to navigate the world and experience things you never thought that you would.
These are all the things that I have learned about life so far. I am looking forward to more lessons and experiences. Despite everything, life is beautiful. Leave me a comment on some lessons you have learned in life !